NOTE TO ATTENDEE – PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE BOOKING.
Daniel Sommer Workshops are operated by Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd. These terms and conditions form the agreement between you and Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd. By booking a workshop you sign into this agreement and agree to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, please contact email@example.com
- Daniel Sommer Workshops
- In order to get the most out of the workshop, you should ensure that you arrive on time and attend each session in full. If you are unable to attend you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on the phone numbers provided. Latecomers are admitted only at the discretion of the workshop leader.
- You are not entitled to a refund if, because of your lateness, you miss all or a portion of the workshop.
- If behaviour or conduct is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate, you will be asked to leave the workshop. No refund of fees will be made.
- Daniel Sommer Photography Pty Ltd is entitled to change the venue or make changes to the structure of the workshop. In the unlikely event that changes are made there will be notice made to all attendees as soon as possible.
- If you cancel your enrolment in a workshop more than 3 weeks before the course start date, you will refunded 50% of your deposit/full payment. After this date, the deposit/full payment is non-refundable.
- If your remaining deposit is not paid by the due date stated, you will lose your place in the workshop unless you have made prior contact with us. You shall remain liable for the remainder of the fee for the workshop if we are not able to fill your place in the workshop.
- Course transfer – If you are unable to attend the course and notify us 2 weeks prior to the course start date you may transfer your booking to a future course. Please note if the future course is a higher fee you will be charged for the additional amount and, at the time of transfer, you must increase the amount of your deposit to 50% of the cost of the future workshop. If the cost of the future workshop is lower than the cost of your original workshop, any amount you paid in excess of 50% of the cost of the substituted workshop will be applied to the balance of the fee due for the substituted workshop. Course transfer credit is only allowed to be used up to 1 year after deposit is made.
- Paypal & Bank Fees – If you cancel your place on the workshop and there are PayPal/bank fees to process the refund of your booking transaction, you will be responsible for those fees and this amount will be removed from the total of your refund..
- If your Payment Plan is not completed prior to workshop commence, you will lose your enrolment for the workshop
- If your payment is rejected during your Payment Plan, this must be rectified prior to workshop commence.
- Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd may cancel a workshop at any time prior to commencement.(this has never happened so far) In the unlikely event that we cancel a workshop Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd. will notify you as soon as possible and any fees or deposits received from you will be refunded. Please note that Daniel Sommer Photography Pty Ltd will not refund travel or accommodation costs for cancelled courses.
- Elements of each workshop (e.g.: venue, models, speakers etc.) may be subject to change without notice. No refunds will be given in the event of any such changes although we will endeavour to notify you, if possible, of the changes.
- The Natural Light workshop has never been cancelled due to weather. The workshop is designed to run in all weather conditions, so that you can take incredible photos in any weather, any location, and no lights or modifiers. We always work in weather that we believe will not pose a risk to your camera and equipment. If we feel that the weather is unsuitable, full refunds will be made. Hotel, travel and other expenses associated with the workshop will not be reimbursed. If you choose not to attend due to weather, you do not receive any refund.
- Attendees are not permitted to use images taken at the workshop for commercial purposes. Image usage is strictly portfolio use only (website and online). Social media usage is allowed but only to showcase your portfolio. Images must not be submitted to magazines, exhibitions or competitions without permission. Images must not be used to advertise photo shoots, workshops or products.
- You acknowledge that we have advised you that none of the participants in the workshop have given releases allowing commercial use of any images taken at the workshop and that you may be subject to legal liability if you use any images commercially. You agree to indemnify and defend Daniel Sommer Photography Pty Ltd, its members officers and employees and all other participants in the workshop from any claims, losses, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to any claim that you have used an image taken at the workshop in any manner that is not permitted in this Agreement.
- If you are unsure about what is a permitted usage, please contact Daniel Sommer Photography Pty Ltd for confirmation; provided that, you shall not be relieved of any obligations under paragraph 15, above.
- Attendees must credit ‘@danielsommerphotography’ when posting images on social media.
- Attendees must not film or record the workshop at any time without permission.
- Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd. is not responsible for any personal injury or damage to property arising from incidents occurring at the workshop venue.
- Please be aware of where you keep your belongings at the workshop and please remember to check your equipment at the end of the workshop so you do not leave anything behind. We are not responsible for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
- The Contract contains all the terms agreed between you and Daniel Sommer Photography Pty Ltd and supersedes any discussions or other information previously provided concerning the workshops.
Fees & Cancellations
Image Usage & Privacy
© Daniel Sommer Photography Pty. Ltd.
Terms & Conditions document must not be copied or replicated.
What personally identifiable information the Site collects from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
• What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
• The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
• How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What Information Is Collected?
• Internet Traffic Data
Internet traffic data includes but is not limited to internet service provider information, collection of IP addresses, entry and exit pages, various operating systems and other such information. We collect no personally identifying information through this process, and it is used to help analyse user traffic with respect to various services available through the Site to allow for a more customised and enjoyable user experience.
We use “cookies” on these Site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you do not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time and improving efficiency while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Site.
The Site must collect some information from you (“Identifier Information”) to allow you to use and access services, products and materials. Identifier Information is only collected by your personally providing such information to the Site via e-mail, by phone, or otherwise through the Site’s website pursuant to making a purchase or requesting service.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell, rent or otherwise share this information with any other individual or business entity, except as reasonably necessary to provide products, materials, or services to you.
We will use your information to respond to you, and will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us or request that we discontinue sending of email and other communications at any time at any time by contacting us at the information included within this Policy.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us by secure servers. We have included common indications of such secured features when appropriate such as a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use these Site, a user may complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore whether or not to disclose information sought by such surveys or contests. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
This Site uses Facebook Conversion and Tracking Pixels to gather data for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data is used to allow Facebook and its partners display advertisements according to Facebook’s Data Use Policy and Business Advertising Policy.
The collected data will remain anonymous and is solely used to process within the Facebook advertising services.
You can view Facebook’s Data Use Policy here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
We may provide your personal information to third party service providers who work on behalf of or with .com to provide some of the services and features of the .com Site and to help us communicate with the members of our Site. However, these service providers do not have any independent right to share this information (expect pursuant to a legal requirement such as a subpoena or warrant).
We have security measures in place to minimise the loss, misuse, destruction and alteration of the information that you provide us or that we obtain from you. We will have no liability however to you or to any third-party arising out of any such loss, misuse, destruction, or alternation.
Other Limits to Your Privacy
Our Site contains links to other third-party websites (“Linked Websites”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the Linked Websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the Privacy Practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the Privacy Policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.